Comprehensive Business Solutions
- For business process management
- For business rule management
- For modern customer communication
Business Process Management (BPM)
Modern large corporations are usually executing their business processes in isolated systems which realize a large number of specialized business functionalities. Due to the lack of a single interface incorporating all activities which are related to specific business processes and as a consequence of the lack of a process logic supporting chronological and other relationships between activities, users handle the steps of the process simultaneously in independent applications without any automation.
There are business processes and/or process elements which have no IT support at all. This results in uncontrollable administrative processes, duplicate data entries and opens the door to errors.
Process optimization is often hindered by the difference in technological bases used for work processes supported by IT devices, therefore no single process monitoring (business activity monitoring, BAM) and no comprehensive development and operation methodology can be applied to them. The operational and developments costs of such applications are rather high, as it is a hard to maintain them. Usually the following general business requirements are asked for in order to repair and accelerate business processes:
- Faster execution of processes.
- Simple execution of processes; the less knowledge users need to execute them, the better.
- Reduction of erroneous executions.
- Provisions for transfers between processes and parallel execution.
- Possibility to monitor the processes (historical and real time).
- Single view of data on process starts, single user interface (all data that are important for a specific user are available in a single location).
- No unnecessary information is displayed on the interfaces. Important: no ”multifunctional” screens are to be used, as an average user utilizes only a small portion of such screens (around 10-15 percent). A wizard-like operation with targeted functionality is needed.
A process-supporting infrastructure is the answer to these challenges, which is implemented on uniform and standard technological bases, and all automated and manual activities required for business processes are integrated as determined by predefined but flexibly adaptable process logic.
- Surveying business processes, with special attention on ensuring reusability.
- Comprehensive methodology and procedure for management of BPM processes.
- Planning and establishing an IT infrastructure for supporting the processes.
- Implementing a central tool, accessible to all participants, for process planning, implementation, executing and monitoring.